Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jeremevangelism

(written at a previous date)

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    Best Friend has recently seen "Sherlock". You know, the recent miniseries starrin' Benedict Cumberbatch.

    She was rather obsessed with it.

    She has, this evening, asked me if there were any good older Sherlock Holmes shows.

    "Like, before Sherlock?" I said.

    "Yeah, and before the bad one from 2009."

    "Oh, well, there're the Jeremy Brett ones, those are the best. And the other famous ones are the movies from the '40s that had Basil Rathbone, but Jeremy is better."

    "Cool. Can you show me one of those sometime?"

    WIN.

    She's gone home now and I don't think I'll see her over the weekend but that is ok, I will just decide which episode to show her.

    Yay! I get to expose another person to the holy light of Jeremy!

[UPDATE about a week later: She and I have now watched "The Solitary Cyclist" and "The Dancing Men" together. I believe she's enjoying the show very much. winnnnnn.]

nurrrrr. <3
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment