Monday, September 12, 2011

my life is basically a Greek tragedy

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    Lately I have taken to mentally listing all of my problems (which are rapidly increasing in number and panic-inducement-potential) and adding the phrase "- and I feel fine!" at the end. Actually feeling less and less over the past few days. "Fine" is a positive word for it.

    Two general, non-homework-related problems have arisen since I've been here at college. One is a puzzling and bizarre little internal emotional kerfuffle which occupies my thoughts a good chunk of all of the time and which was not a problem I expected from college even to the point of being aware of it as a possibility, and the other is the state of my feet. My feet just keep getting more and more damaged the longer I'm shuffling around in flip-flops all the time. They're not only dirty but bruised, blistered, sunburned and now scraped and oozing yellow goo. What joy.

    Now, back to math.
    (Damn everything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment