Here is a list of things that are making me unhappy today:
- I got an hour less sleep than I intended to get.
- I have to write my first history paper by Wednesday and do not feel the least bit confident in my paper-writin' skills. I also have to pick a topic-person for my tribute speech for public speaking class and start working on that.
- I have to study math like crazy and it takes me too long to do.
- I need more time to do things in.
- I miss my mom.
And here is a list of things that are making me happy today:
- I look nice. I've got on black shorts, a well-fitted red polo shirt and a skinny black necktie.
- I had the foresight to get two cookies at lunch. I'm always hungry after classes are done. I spent the whole of my last class thinking "there is a soft delicious chocolate chip cookie waiting for me in my messenger bag".
- Campus Beach Day is tomorrow. (Small school = we can get all of us onto a beach no problem.)
- Professor Mine Enemy was wearing a panda tie.
- Professor Mine Enemy had us do a quick quiz of five questions, but was six minutes late to class due to printer difficulties, leaving me just enough time to review the textbook chapter summaries. I got everything on the quiz right! (I'm homeschooled, okay, I've never had quizzes before, it's all new to me)
- I feel much less intimidated by Professor Mine Enemy today. Not only because of the endearing tie and the quiz success, but also this is because after class was done and I had got my books in order (one must always have one's bag ready to flee with whenever taking risks), I went up and asked him an intelligent question about a thing and he answered cheerfully and talked with me about it a bit and everything was ok. (He couldn't give me specific details on what I wanted to know about, but a general answer worked fine for me. The important bit was the encounter, not the knowledge.)
- I've signed up to join the ballroom dance club and our first meeting is this afternoon.
- This evening I'm going to go to see Laurie R King at a book signing for her latest Mary Russell mystery. (I have grown up on those books.) I am excited.
Overall it could all be worse!
(why am I blogging instead of studying why why why whyyy, because it helps me put things in order that's why, but I have so much to dooooo aaaagh)