Monday, May 16, 2011

unfortunately I just can't see you two as a couple

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    One knows that one's Fred Astaire obsession is getting out of hand when one is typing in the url for IMDB and one sees this:

Search prompts for the letters "im".

    I'm trying to tell myself that Fred's movies just have more trivia and things but gosh I just feel dirty looking at that screenshot. Do I really look at his page that much more than I look at yours?

     Hold on, I need to count whose movies I've seen more of.

    Fred: 19 movies and the parts of Ziegfeld Follies as had him in. 19.5 total.
    Harriet: 12 movies, 6 miniseries/TV shows, 3 movies/tv shows that had you in such tiny roles that they basically don't count (Rebecca, "Marple: Sleeping Murder", "Five Days"). 18 things and 3 almost-things total.

    HRRRRRRRRRRMMM.

    That's counting all three of the Dorothy L Sayers Mysteries miniseries as one miniseries, of course, which I'm not sure if I ought to do or not. (Side note: I used to know several Romanian people over the internet who used "serie" as the singular of "series". I've looked at a couple of dictionaries and I still can't figure out if it's an additional correct form or not.)

    And besides, if I could un-see Finian's Rainbow I totally would, and that would bring the Fred-total down to a more even range. (My new glass eyeballs are a pain.)

    MAYBE I JUST NEED TO WATCH MORE HARRIET WALTER MOVIES AND RESOLVE THE ISSUE, HRRRMMMM


    Obviously my life is now a battleground between King Fred Astaire and Queen Harriet Walter.

whyyyy do I not have any quality screencaps of Queen Harriet Walter whyyy

    Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment