Tuesday, May 1, 2012

prophet sloth

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    oh lands

    finals

    there are TOO MANY MINOR PROPHETS IN THIS HERE BIBLE

    and I have to know everything about all twelve of them

     and to be able to articulate things like the reasons for and against the interpretations of Jonah as parable or historical account and the theological significance of Habakkuk's ever-relevant complaint (bad people are getting away with bad things) and the answer given to him in chapter 2 (God will send the Chaldeans to kill everyone)

    so here is a picture of a baby sloth



    If I could go back to the beginning of this year, my freshman year, I would tell my tiny frightened self that 1, my grades were going to get much better in time, 2, Professor Mine Enemy is actually totally not that intimidating after one gets to know him and it just takes a while to see past the colossal mind to the ridiculously dorky and awkward-but-fun man he is, 3, I would get better at dealing with too little sleep, 4, sometimes things are going to hurt and that's ok, 5, it's possible to get through airports all on one's own, 6, I should stop cutting my hair so short, and 7, everything is going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment