Sunday, April 8, 2012

she did bring grapes though

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    Here are four things I have heard with my ears recently. I feel like referring to myself in the third person so I'm going to do that.

    1. Candace (my RA and one of the college event coordinators): "Yeah, when Sarah asked me if we were going to bring any fruit on the camping trip, I was like 'oh yes! we're bringing Oreos!'"


    2. Professor Mine Enemy, reviewing our quiz answers with us in Bible class: "The Book of Ezekiel most closely parallels which book of the New Testament?"
    Class: "Revelations!"
    Professor Mine Enemy: "what"
    Class: "...Revelation!"


    3. Friend Jim, before our Philosophy class in which different groups are doing presentations on contemporary moral issues: "Pie is the best, man."
    RJ: "Oh dude, I used to make the most killer blueberry-blackberry pie, it was my favorite."
    Friend Jim: "Used to?"
    RJ: "Back when I had a kitchen."
    Lorissa: "You should make one and bring it to your presentation next week! So we can eat it!"
    RJ: "Yeah, I should bring a pie to a presentation on poverty and world hunger, that'd be really tasteful and appropriate."
    Friend Jim: "Yeah pie!"


    4. Dr. Mac, in passing, the day after I was in his office bothering him to show me how to tie bow ties: "Did you figure it out?"
    RJ, having done homework instead of practicing: "Didn't try."
    Dr. Mac: "That's the spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment