Saturday, March 10, 2012

the night that was surreal

    Dear Harriet Walter,

  • Oh my lands
  • so Gabby and Cameron and I were at Starbucks for two hours this evening
  • and I was reading Frankenstein
  • I swear I read at least a third of that book today
  • and we had coffee drinks
  • and I forgot to get mine decaf
  • and then we went home and I finished the last few pages of Frankenstein
  • and it was astoundingly depressing
  • really astonishingly
  • but it was also amazingly amazing
  • like actually
  • and then I finished it and was like "welp"
  • and tossed it against the wall and got up
  • and went at breathed at my reflection in the bathroom mirror
  • a lot
  • and then Gabby was like "we're watching Annie because you haven't seen it"
  • and I was like "k"
  • but in an existentially uprooted way
  • (because of Frankenstein)
  • and then we watched Annie
  • and then I put peanut butter on a flour tortilla and microwaved it and rolled it up and ate it and stared at the wall
  • and now Gabby's like "ice cream time"
  • and she's got the mugs out
  • oh my lands I have so many questions about the universe

2 comments:

  1. Ruby Darling, are you planning on getting sleep in the next few days???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, darling, if it's the caffeine you're worried about, caffeine never does very much to me - it's just that there was something about being struck in my soul by great literature and steeping in thoughts of revenge and suicide and hatred and forgiveness and repentance and solitude and betrayal and abandonment and the creator/creation dynamic and exile and murder and guilt and loss and I was like DANG and then suddenly we were watching a movie about dancing, singing orphans and older dudes whose grumpy hearts are won over by freckled little girls and then there was peanut butter on a TORTILLA.

    ReplyDelete