Sunday, March 20, 2011

California

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    Fooof!

    So I spent two and a half days in Pasadena, California this past week, just got home last night. My sister and I were visiting the college we're most interested in. (She's two years older than I am, she's been doing a couple classes at the local community college but wants to go to Full-Time Proper College with me. We are both fearful little mice, I'm afraid, and have almost no experience when it comes to new situations - my family moved to our current home when I was one year old - and so would rather stick together in the event.)

    Anyway we flew down there and we were picked up from the Los Angeles airport by a representative of the be-visited college who we'd had dinner with a few weeks ago when she was in our area. She's a director of something involved in recruiting or something. Now, we'd never been in SoCal before, and there wasn't going to be time to see it during the rest of the weekend, so after she took us out for burgers (at In-N-Out, which has the most remarkably limited menu), she took us to the Santa Monica Pier Beach and let us run around while she made phone calls. Then she took us driving around LA and we got to see places like Beverly Hills and Hollywood and Rodeo Drive and all that and also the pavement in front of the Chinese Theater. (Most glamorous concrete paving ever? Possibly.) I saw lots of fancy cars.

    Photographic evidence, I say to myself? Mais oui.

    (we took over one hundred and thirty pictures that day but i will not display them all)



I stood on a dragon.

And on a stone boat.

Also haha wow I look like a little girl or something in these pictures. A well-dressed one. Normally I look like a stinky bum with a dead llama for hair.

This is my lovely sister. Also, in this pic one can almost see the Hollywood sign on the hills in the distance.


Cary Grant was the only person whose handprints we actually tried out. His thumbs were, like, way long.



    Now, as a Northwest kind of girl I also have to note that sweet fancy moses there is sunshine happening down there. In the middle of March.

    MARCH.

    What.

    Quick edit: AGHERJO;lmcxrjetwkjpopw3pol.hj frdtrresxzewar}
rwxAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH. I was LOOKING for Fred Astaire the WHOLE TIME we were in front of the Chinese Theater but I couldn't find him and I didn't know if he was there or not and my sister was tired and wanted to go and I didn't ever find him but now Google tells me that HIS PAVING STONE WAS TOTALLY THERE AND I MISSED MY CHANCE kill me now.

    Obviously we need to attend that college in Pasadena now. We were going to anyway. But still.

    AUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment