Tuesday, February 1, 2011

he's a swell, he's a swell

(written at a previous date)

    Dear Harriet Walter,

    OH MY HIPSTER FRED ASTAIRE.

    That is not even creative swearing. That is a straight-up observation. That is me having now seen Easter Parade (1948), which contained the musical number "A Couple of Swells".
    (Actually it is more like neo-Victorian hobo hipster Fred Astaire). Anyway I had never ever in my life - my life being the last eight or nine months since I saw my first Fred Astaire movie - stopped to wonder what Fred would look like with messy hair or facial hair. In this song, he and Judy Garland are onstage dressed up as a pair of high-minded bums and he has both kinds of unheard-of hair.


LOOK AT HIM
                                                    

LOOK AT HOW AMAZING HE IS
                                        

IT IS HIPSTER FRED ASTAIRE AND IT IS GLORIOUS
                              

OHMUHFUHGAAAAH
                                                

ASGDTHBGERSRTGHBTHADFaaaaaaa][[l/';
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment